Where is everybody?
No, you didn’t arrive at the wrong place, and this IS the day when Chapter Four, Part One of Treasure Beach should be here to entertain you But this year May has five Tuesdays, and Chapter Four demanded (bossy ol’ chapter) that I divide it into only four parts, so each would be rich and meaty.
With that in mind, instead of Chapter Four, Part One (which will debut next Tuesday) today I’m announcing an exciting new giveaway in honor of the upcoming publication of Sunset Bridge, Treasure Beach’s big sister, as well as the final full length novel of the Happiness Key trilogy.
Between now and June 30th 2011, your mission is to send me any one of the following:
- An original or family pie recipe.
- A link to an online pie recipe you’ve enjoyed making or eating in the past and the reason you chose it
- Any other pie-related link, story, or feel-good moment, and the reason you’ve included it. Tell us about your first try at making a pie, watching your grandmother roll out pie crust, a pie that just didn’t work out or one that really did, etc.
Some Things To Consider:
- I’ll be posting some of the entries, so by entering, you are giving me permission to share your contribution with my readers, properly attributed to you, of course.
- Respect copyright, if applicable, by simply linking, if your entry isn’t original, to the original story or recipe.
- Be sure you add an original sentence or two about why you chose your entry. Emails with nothing except a link will not qualify for the giveaway.
Some Things You Must Know:
- There’s a limit of one entry per person, although you are welcome to share more often.
- Because of the rising cost of postage, you must have a North American mailing address to receive a prize.
- You must also be willing to have your first name and hometown published here if you are a winner.
Prizes (the Fun Part):
Each Friday in June, random.org will pick one winner to win an assorted box of prizes, for a total of four.
What kind of goodies? Costume jewelry watches, Happiness Key T-shirts, aprons from Wanda’s Wonderful Pies, autographed novels, special soaps, pie charms, a vintage china pie plate, two unique pie servers, pie cookbooks and more.
Then to top off the fun, on July 1st, to celebrate the arrival of Sunset Bridge at your favorite bookstore, I’ll choose the winner of a grand prize, a choice of a Breville Pie Maker from Williams Sonoma, or a Kindle from Amazon. The choice will be yours, unless one or the other of the prizes is no longer available.
Winners will be announced here each weekend of June and on July 1st, so check back often.
Let the fun begin. And please return next week, when Treasure Beach resumes.
Meanwhile, if you’re making the Happiness Key mystery wallhanging designed by quilt designer extraordinaire Pat Sloan, visit her website for the next, beyond-cute installment.