Lists: Packing for Life
I love to fantasize. You probably knew that. Last night when I should have been sleeping I began making a list of everything I ought to pack on two upcoming trips. Honestly, who cares? But I did, at about 2 AM. Then as I began to make my list, I thought of you. What fun to find out what you can’t live without when you travel, no matter how small the suitcase.
This morning as the idea formed in a fully conscious brain I realized some of the things I would always take with me on trips are also things I need for life. Period. And that sounded like even more fun to blog about.
So today’s list? You’re about to be born to a family here on earth, and you can pack a few things you will have with you all through your life. What will serve you best?
Just tell us by commenting here–and not on my pages at Facebook or Goodreads, since it’s too easy to lose track of entries. Remember that I give away an autographed book each month, and if you comment on any of that month’s “list posts” then you’ll be entered in the giveaway. It’s that simple.
Lists: Packing for Life
1–A sense of humor, because without this, life can be overwhelmingly sad
2–An appreciation of beauty, because without this, life will seem ordinary and plain
3–A sensitivity to the feelings of those around me, because without this, life will be lonely
4–A desire to help others, because without this, it’s impossible to make any lasting, meaningful connections
5–An understanding and appreciation of my own talents, because without this, I might not find the courage to explore them.
Now it’s your turn. What will you pack? You don’t have to list five. Just share your thoughts and enjoy.
I would pack
1. My bathroom scale because I am obsessive.
2. Cashews because I crave something salty.
3. Fudge for my sweet cravings.
4. Books as I can’t live without them.
5. Money and credit cards as I have to go shopping.
6. Passport in case I want to go somewhere else.
7. Hormone meds so I won’t be a menopausal raving idgit.
Faith, because it allows you to believe in our creator. Patience, because I can never have enough. Compasion, so I will reach out to others. Creativity (spelling doesn’t count) so that I could still sew, quilt and do crafts. But, the most imortant would be lovve, to be able to give and receive it.
I can’t live without:
1. Scriptures to keep me straight
2. Chocolate to keep/make me sweet! 🙂
3. Books – my constant companions
4. iPod – to listen to #3 as well as music
5. iPhone – to communicate with friends and family
i love your list. the only things i could think to add would be a sense of adventure……don’t be afraid to try new things
I would pack : the good sense to stop look and listen to all that nature has to offer from walking on the beach seeing the turtles in the sand to all the sea has to offer. Watching the whales and dolphins play. Because I am lucky enough to spend the winter on the water in lovely Nuevo Vallarta.
Life is an adventure check it our. I loved your list too.
I would be packing up:
1) My faith and belief in Heavenly Father because without Him, I would be left without guidance here on this earthly plane of exsistance.
2) My Scriptures because reading these daily helps me to receive the answers I need when life’s burdens become to heavy to bear.
3) My husband because I am his helpmate as he his mine and he provides me with warm hugs daily or more when needed.
4) My iPhone because I want to be able to reach out to my family as well as read books that I’ve downloaded through the kindle app. 🙂
5) My dogs because they are trustworthy, loyal companions who have hearts full of unconditional love willing to share at a moments notice.
6) My quilt that I made because I love to snuggle in it, while reading a book and drinking hot chocolate, with my dogs at my side.
Compassion for others so I can understand them, help them, and make new friends.
Creativity to allow me to create things to survive and to make others happy.
Faith to believe in a higher power and the ability to succeed no matter how bad things appear.
Laughter because it helps us to enjoy life and see the light at the end of the tunnel and to make friends.
Desire to learn and explore new things, so I can expand my knowledge and make new friends.
Sense of wonder
Love of learning
Peace of mind
I would pack
Strength, because you never know what might happen
Courage to face what life brings
HOPE for each new day
Books, because they help me in so many ways
Compassion and respect for all people
This is good to think about, isn’t it? What do we really need?
1. God, the only thing I cannot survive without
2. Love for myself and others.
5. A quiet, inner joy.
1. My husband because after 36 years he is as comfortable as my favorite quilt
2. humor…without out it life is overwhelming
3. my utter fasination with the joys Mother Nature provides
4. Faith in God and Jesus
5. Appreciation for all people because our differences is so very wonderful and just delights my imagination