Today I’m asking for your feedback and help. After promising I would soon update my website, I’m finally getting around to the nuts and bolts. The decisions are going to make me “nuts” and while I’m not going to “bolt.” I might consider it a time or two in the months to come.
My website is now almost ten years old, as is the photo on the homepage. Everything in my life is different, and technology has come such a long way it’s past time to revamp. Actually my webmaster, a great guy named Steve, has been remarkably patient but firm. Time to move on, Steve says, and Steve is right.
Do you have time to check my current website? It won’t be hard. Scroll up to the top of this blog and click on “Home” to the left of my photo with Nemo. You’ll go right to my website, where you can play to your heart’s content. Or you can click right here to get there, too.
When you visit, I have a few questions for you to consider. And if you would take the time to comment here and answer, I would be most appreciative. In fact as a thank-you, one lucky commenter will receive a copy of The Christmas Wedding Quilt. It could be you. Random.org will choose a winner after the U.S. Thanksgiving holidays.
Any feedback you would like to give me will be gratefully accepted, but here are a few questions to consider as you look. Take a minute, take an hour. Whatever you have to say will be helpful.
- How easy is the site to figure out? Do you know from looking at the homepage where information can be found?
- Are you confused by the drop down menus at the top? (Books, News etc.) Do you understand how to use them?
- What pages interest you most?
- What pages interest you least?
- If you click on any book cover, you receive lots of information: Overview, Inspiration, Recipes, Praise, Reader’s Guide, Excerpt. Are you surprised to learn all that information is available?
- I’m considering a new category called Extras. Among other things “Extras” will have contest/giveaway information, and the recipes that are now on each book page to make them easier to find. Can you think of anything else “extra” you might like to see?
- Would you like to see a Goddesses Anonymous category with links to articles about people who make a difference, inspirational quotes, perhaps some pages about characters with photos? Would you be likely to visit those pages?
Well, that was more than a few questions. Please answer any or all, it’s up to you. But if you notice something else you like or don’t with my present site, please comment on that, too, or instead.
Many thanks for taking time to visit the site and make suggestions. And don’t forget one commenter will receive The Christmas Wedding Quilt.