Sunday Inspiration: How To Make Your Life Better
How To Make Your Life Better
OK, I know how evil email can be… it is addictive and takes you away from family and friends and away from all the beauty and love in the world. Bad email.
But I just read this great blog by Eric Barker (yes, it was emailed to me) on “How To Make Your Life Better By Sending Five Simple Emails” and it’s turned my world upside down.
Email is now my friend… as long as I remember to send an email:
- to a friend, family member, or co-worker every day to say thanks for something…
- to my boss (read editor/publisher) at the end of every week summing up what I’ve accomplished…
- to a potential mentor once a week (there are so many out there)…
- to a friend to make plans (so I can get away from my computer every now and then)…
- to someone I know (but don’t know very well) and check in…
- I would add one more email to this list and that’s an invitation to coffee or lunch simply to enjoy another human being’s company face to face.
Email can certainly be destructive to our relationships if we only use it for skimming the surface of life, but it can also enhance our relationships if we let it, whether at work or home or in the community.
Be sure to read Eric’s entire blog since there’s much to learn. And don’t forget to send those five (now six) simple emails to make your life better.
P.S. Why not send one of those emails right now!
This is not an email but I wanted to thank you for all the enjoyment, encouragement, and inspiration provided by your books and this blog.
Many thanks, Patti