Did you see this inspiring story?
A couple who fell in love decided to have their wedding on Sanibel Island — one of my favorite places in the world. They felt so blessed to have found each other that they decided to show their appreciation and gratitude by giving back. So they asked the guests, as a wedding gift to the couple, to practice a random act of kindness. Great idea, right?
- One of the bridesmaids and her daughter brought pet supplies to a local shelter.
- The maid of honor brought a dozen donuts to local nail salon.
- A friend of the bride baked a bunch of cookies for her local UPS guy and his co-workers.
- Another friend bought lunch for the person behind them in line.
- A guest involved her family by donating supplies to a local women’s shelter.
What a wonderful idea by a couple who celebrated their love by spreading kindness and love all around them. None of these acts, alone, changed the world. But you can bet they changed somebody’s day. Now, multiple this by the billions.
Do you have an upcoming holiday or celebration where you could mark the event with a random act of kindness or even involve those you love? Wouldn’t this be a great tradition? When your family asks what you want for your next birthday? For Christmas? Why not this?
I’m putting on my thinking cap. And that’s the great thing about this unselfish gesture of that couple on Sanibel. The ripples go on and on. Maybe even forever.