2018 Reading Challenge Suggestions
Are you reading along with the Read Along with Emilie Richards Reading Challenge 2018?
To make it easier and more fun I asked my faithful Read Along With Emilie Richards Facebook Group for suggestions for the next three Reading Challenge categories. You’ll find suggestions for the first two here. And help with the third category and the word “classic” here.
Today with their help we tackle:
- A novel with a person’s name in the title
- A travelogue
- A novel featuring a woman over sixty
A Novel with a Person’s Name in the Title
I bet you can think of some possibilities right away, even if you aren’t reading along with us. But the Facebook Group had great suggestions. Here they are in no particular order:
- Mattie by Judi Alter
- Finding Mary Blaine by Jodi Thomas.
- Rebecca by Daphne du Maurier
- Britt-Marie Was Here by Fredrik Backman (also fits the over 60 category)
- Carnegie’s Maid by Marie Benedict
- Eleanor Oliphant Is Completely Fine by Gale Honeyman
- The Story of Arthur Truluv by Elizabeth Berg
- After Anna by Lisa Scottoline
- Saving Abby and Abbys Journey by Steena Holmes
- A Man Called Ove by by Fredrik Backman
- Allie & Bea by Catherine Ryan Hyde
- Where’d You Go, Bernadette? By Maria Semple
- Sarah’s Quilt by Nancy E. Turner
- Angela’s Ashes by Frank McCourt
- Ellen Foster by Kaye Gibbons
- Drowning Ruth by Christine Schwartz
- A Walk in the Woods by Bill Bryson
- Blue Highways: A Journey Into America by Bill Least Heat-Moon
- Amy and Roger’s Epic Detour by Morgan Matson
- Walk Across America and Looking for Alaska by Peter Jenkins
Novel Featuring A Woman Over Sixty
- Moriah’s Lighthouse (and other books in the series) by Serena B. Miller
- The Shenandoah Album novels by Emilie Richards (especially Wedding Ring)
- Miss Marple series by Agatha Christie
- High Tide Club by Mary Kay Andrews
- Miss Julia books by Ann B. Ross
- Godmother series by Fern Michaels
- Agnes Barton, Senior Sleuth mysteries by Madison Johns
- The Night the Lights Went Out by Karen White
- The Secret of the Nightingale Palace by Dana Sachs
- Cobbled Court series by Marie Bostwick
- Ladies of Covington Gardens series by Joan Medlicott
- The Widows of Wichita County by Jodi Thomas
So are you reading along? Do you have other suggestions? Add them in comments below. And have fun, which is the only reason to participate. It’s not too late. Come on and join the challenge or the Facebook Group!
My thanks to Denise, Janet, Reneé, Nita, Lonell, Judy M. and Judy R., Joni, Cheryl, Penny, Cathy, Tina, Jan, and Joan. If I missed a name, forgive me and come take a bow. If together we spelled a title or author wrong? Forgive us.
Sophie’s Choice by Nicholas Sparks
Dear John by Nicholas Sparks
Mrs. Lincoln’s Dressmaker by Jennifer Chiaverini
Just of few to start….
The Hot Flash Club Books by Nancy Thayer for women over 60 (or so)
I am re reading Shell Seekers by Rosamund Pilcher. Main character is 64. I read it many years ago and probably identified more with the kids, now, definitely Penelope! I may have to go back and reread all of her books.