I’ve been hoping to have more renovation photos for you to enjoy (?) this week. The workmen are finishing up, so it’s a slow morning here in Chautauqua, New York. We only have a plumber, electrician, wallboard guy and flooring guy cutting tile. I can almost hear the birds sing.
More photos will be up soon, but in the meantime? I thought I would ask YOU to blog with me. While writers are always asked questions about their books, their work habits, their creative inspiration, readers are usually only consulted if they’re lucky enough to be in a book group.
I’ve created a new blog category and named it “I Really Want to Know.” And I do want to know. I so often have questions for you as I’m writing, and I’d love your input. Today’s questions are a bit general, but I think they’re a good place to start. Please answer as many as you would like to under comments.
Never commented? Here are easy instructions.
- Commenting is as easy as clicking on the word “comment,” under the title of this blog on the right. If you’re the first, the link will say “No Comment.” And when you click that link, it wil take you to a little box to add one.
- You will be asked to fill in my last name, to help us avoid spam. Isn’t that a lot more fun than those impossible to decipher letters that some sites require? (If you don’t know my last name, you may be in the wrong place.)
- Then comment away. Of course if someone else has already commented, it won’t say “No Comment,” will it? Just click on the link that says Comment (1), etc. instead.
I’m looking forward to finding out more about the readers who enjoy my blog, so let’s begin. And remember, there are no wrong answers.
- What kinds of books do you most like to read? For example: Biographies. Romances. Novels set in England.
- What book do you have waiting to be read next on your nightstand, or reserved at your local library, or on your “to purchase” list?
- What was the LAST book you read?
- What do you most want to find in a novel?
- What will make you close a book and never open it again?
So many questions and so little space here. I hope you’ll find this intriguing enough to let us know what you think. If you do, we’ll do it again.